This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group – one of the world’s leading reinsurance as well as insurance of other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer. The business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analyzing the major risks that concern the world – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. Swiss Re combines experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for it’s clients.
Reliable, high-performance and customer-oriented solutions are an increasingly important part of Swiss Re so that the 15,000 employees worldwide can provide exceptional services using the state-of-the-art SW and HW infrastructure. The Digital Workplace team (DWP) in Adliswil navigates all empoyees through the everyday working life, allowing everybody at Swiss Re to work seamlessly together and quickly adapt to changing business needs anywhere from any device.
The DWP team and approach is fully supported by agile methodologies to ensure end2end responsibility, efficient time to market and to focuss the product and service development on the customer experience the DWP team want to deliver. The continuous further development of Agile Development Capabilities and Competencies therefore are of key importance.
You are part of an ambitious team of seven Scrum Masters, with an agile mindset and the ability to inspire others for the twelve principles of the Agile Manifesto. It goes without saying that this Manifesto is actively lived by and among the Scrum Masters – they inspire each other, meaning that everyone’s abilities are constantly improving.
In your role, you will support and promote the delivery capability of the Agile Engineering teams. They actively participate in the continuous analysis and optimisation of development processes to increase efficiency and to monitor and optimise the quality of the solutions you deliver by taking suitable agile measures. As a Scrum Master, you will also coach the engineering teams in the direct execution of the Scrum Ceremonies related to the creation of requirements with User Stories and in the estimation with Story Points. You have an overview of the current status of the Scrum Artefacts (product backlog, Sprint backlog, burndown charts) and protect the team from unauthorised interventions during the Sprint. Last but not least, as a pioneer in Scrum, you will drive the further integration of the Scrum principles and take methodical responsibility for the Scrum processes.
- Actively set an example of the values and practices of Agile Software Development and active control of the organisation in the spirit of Scrum
- Moderate Scrum Ceremonies, establish and support Scrum in several engineering teams of up to 15 computer scientists
- Proactively detect and remove obstacles (Impediments) for the teams
- Lead retrospectives and monitor or continuously analyse and optimise the development process of resulting measures
- Enable engineering teams to independently organise Sprints and to achieve the goals they have set themselves
- Advise product owners on the preparation and prioritisation of the backlog
- Monitor the process and continuously improve the entire software, product, and service life cycle
- Create transparency and maintain communication channels
- Visualise performance, process, and product quality indicators
- Contribute your experiences and ideas within the Scrum Master Team to ensure mutual know-how transfer
Your professional biography
As an ideal candidate, you have a bachelor or master degree in business and/or computer science or an adequate education and comparable professional experience as a Scrum Master. Your hands-on professional experience in the field of IT engineering (SW and/or HW) is also important.
You have a networked mindset and initiative and work in a structured manner. This suitability, paired with your integrative way of working, is desired in order to successfully fulfil the interdisciplinary tasks and the technical management task. In short: as an experienced personality you rely on your professional qualifications, but also listen to your gut instinct and enjoy dealing with people.
Summary professional biography:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is a must and preferably practical know-how of Nexus and/or LeSS framework
- Very good knowledge of the roles and processes in Scrum and the underlying Agile Values
- 3 years of professional experience as a Scrum Master with more than two Scrum teams working on one product
- Several years of practical experience in collaborating with geographically distributed engineering teams in Agile Development processes
- Past hands-on experience in SW and/or HW engineering before discovering your ability and passion as a Scrum Master
- Experience with project management methods and tools, combined with the openness to critically question what has been learned and to adapt it to the Scrum Framework
- Practical experience in the areas of coaching, mediation and/or moderation as well as clear communication skills
- Ability to deal with conflict and to empathise or have good abilities in dealing with people and situations
- Very good command of written and spoken English, good knowledge of German is an advantage
Our offer is addressed to a senior Scrum Master who practice his profession with enthusiasm and feel comfortable in a technically demanding, dynamic environment and who want to develop themselves further through challenging tasks.
You can expect to work very closely with users and product sponsors in a company with a meaningful purpose and an open, uncomplicated working atmosphere. High-quality service offers form a good base for further growth – both for you and the company.Cutting edge work equipment, training options, a progressive salary and as well as a state of the art working environment and various other benefits.
As far as your professional plans are concerned: at Swiss Re you get a career tailored to your needs – through individual planning and managers who support you.
We will give you detailed information on the position, the company, attractive and modern terms of employment, and the diverse products and service offers during a first interview. If interested, kindly send me your updated resume along with Contact details to email@example.com or phone direct +41 44 268 60 02